Laptop computer has some problem and solution Part 5

201.       laptop power connectiont
Q: My wrestling grandkids broke pwr connector on cheap laptop. Puter works if I keep mobo bent. Can I ...
A: no, hooking the AC adapter directly to the battery wouldn't work. There is a battery charging ...

202.       dvd and cd playback 
Q: When i play a cd, i have very choppy audio. When i play a dvd, i have very choppy audio and choppy ...
A: what Operating System are you using, Are you using any antivirus software. What software are you ...

203.       Laptop Green Line 
Q: I want to ask you if i have to replace my laptop screen because today when i was sitting on it a ...
A: it is possible. You could try reseating the ribbon cable, or replacing it if one is available for ...

204.       Laptop Green Line 
Q: I want to ask you if i have to replace my laptop screen because today when i was sitting on it a ...
A: I'm afraid it is probably the screen that is bad. You could try updating the drivers for the video ...

205.       laptop computer 
Q: I have a Gateway Laptop, my son has been using at school. He brought it home and it doesn't start ...
A: it could be the AC adapter. Any chance you could borrow one from someone, or connect yours to ...

206.       WinXP laptop cannot get OS to work 
Q: I have an Veratec laptop. WinXP. I kept on getting a small window on my monitor and it was annoying ...
A: sorry I missed the brand name in your first post, it's just that I've seen the pop-up window you ...

207.       Trouble starting up 
Q: After entering password, a pop-up appears ( this application has failed to start because ...
A: can you start the computer in safe mode by pressing F8 just as Windows is starting up? This may let ...

208.       Laptop/screen problems 
Q: I have a HP laptop model ze2000 running windows xp__but Im hoping this is a generalized question. ...
A: the dark images you are seeing are because the backlighting in your display has shut down. If I ...

209.       dim screen display 
Q: I purchased hp pavilion dv2110-rs last year(still have warranty on it). It was working fine till ...
A: if you have checked the brightness and contrast, and they are turned up, a very dim, barely readable ...

210.    laptop shuts down 
Q: Here is my question with my (Fujitsu Siemens based) laptop: When I start some programs utilizing the ...
A: a CPU limiting program may be of some assistance to you, and I don't see what it could hurt, other ...

211.    Laptop hell 
Q: My husband bought me a used dell latitude d600 laptop back in August of this year and it has been ...
A: when the computer shuts itself down, what does it do after that? I'm assuming it won't do anything? ...

212.    on/off button 
Q: is there another way to start up laptop other than on/off button? not working
A: Not that I know of Don. The on/off button attaches to a couple of pins on the motherboard. When ...

213.    laptop presario v2000 usb tv box not working with tata sky 
Q: tv input input working fine but composite input is working in black and white mode. how fix my ...
A: the most common reason for composite video to show up without color is a setting within the ...

214.    laptop bluegear 
Q: I got 2 questions for you. The first question is I bought a used laptop recently and I looked ...
A: I think I need to find out where to get one of those laptops! If it can take that kind of abuse and ...

215.    lap top screen is blank and wont turn on 
Q: Well I have my laptop its HP laptop ( cant tell you what model it is) But I can back from class with ...
A: does a regular monitor work when plugged in to the laptop? Is the screen completely blank, or is ...

216.    fingerprint reader and s output 
Q: I just bought a T61 thinkpad notebook, with integrated fingerprint reader. from what i read, T61 ...
A: The fingerprint reader certainly allows you to replace your user ID and password when you boot up ...

217.    AC adaptor ground 
Q: Suddenly my AC adapter started cutting in an out (the battery indicator keeps coming on and the AC ...
A: The generator if turned off I would not think it could cause this issue as normally you only get ...

218.    noisy screen 
Q: im using a compaq presario v6000. my problem is dat my screen makes a sharp cracking noise evrytime ...
A: I believe the problem is that the hinges are getting wore out. Lubricant works, but doesn't last ...

219.    thinkpad T61 fingerprint reader 
Q: I just bought a T61 thinkpad notebook, with integrated fingerprint reader. from what i read, T61 ...
A: having never used this feature on laptop I would start with the following. Make sure the ...

220.    VAIO VGN-FS920 - Bios Failure or Other Broblem with Booting 
Q: My name is Dillon and I am 15 and I have a Sony VAIO VGN-FS920. Factory defaults (512 ram, windows ...
A: sorry I have taken some time to reply. I would firstly start with these steps. Remove the cd/DVD ...

221.    file system problems? 
Q: . not sure your the best person to ask, but hoping you can help. my laptop has 2 hard drives, my ...
A: what version of windows are you using? In windows goto my computer and right click, select manage ...

222.    Laptop mouse movement 
Q: My laptp mouse at times is uncontrollable, it moves by itself across the screen,usually ...
A: this is usually a driver problem, especially if it does it with an external mouse too. Try upgrading ...

223.    laptop power adaptor compatibility 
Q: I'm out of town and brought my laptop but forgot the adaptor (Gateway 19V-4.74A) but where I'm ...
A: it's not a good idea to use a power adapter with a different voltage/amperage rating. In this case ...

224.    moutse and touchpad 
Q: I have a Dell Latitude laptop and all of a sudden, the cursor seems to have a mind of its own. I ...
A: it sounds like your mouse driver may have gotten corrupted. It may be hard to do since the mouse is ...

225.    Laptop battery 
Q: Respected Sir, My name is waqas and i am havin hp 6500 special edition laptop i just want to ask ...
A: it is true that batteries will develop a memory, and not maintain their full charge for as long if ...

226.    AC adaptor ground 
Q: Suddenly my AC adapter started cutting in an out (the battery indicator keeps coming on and the AC ...
A: It seems unfortunate that a new adapter would just stop working, what make is it and model is it? ...

227.    Start Up 
Q: I have a Dell laptop, Latitude C600. When I push the power button the lights turn on but the screen ...
A: Wow, kind of hard to say what exactly is going on here Ty. Can you get into the BIOS setup Ok? ...

228.    Record and view via lan pc 
Q: I have a question here. You see, I’m a gamer and I always wanted to record the video of my gaming ...
A: No bother at all Sean! I think you may actually need another piece of hardware for your old PC. A ...

229.    Compaq Presario m2130ea
Q: Thanks
A: the best way to get the right part is to order it from HP (who now owns Compaq). They have new parts ...

230.    thin green line 
Q: When I turned my laptop on yesterday a thin green line appeared in middle of screen. It remains ...
A: There are a couple of things you could try Cristina. You could try an external monitor to see if it ...

231.    Blue Screening & won't let me re-install OS 
Q: My HP N5000 laptop keeps blue-screening on me. I re-installed the OS & thought all was well....as it ...
A: Sorry NashBash, it sounds to me like the hard drive has had it. It is possible that it wouldn't have ...

232.    USB Port Issue / Laptop wont Start 
Q: My son stood on the USB mouse cable and in doing so yanked it out damaging the port. Now the laptop ...
A: that USB port is a powered port. When the port was damaged, it probably shorted some of the metal ...

233.    Laptop Battery at 0% and stuck 
Q: My Thinkpad X21 which I recently pulled out of my Mum's cupboard reads 0% battery and won't charge. ...
A: if the laptop runs on the AC adapter, I'd say the chances are pretty good that it's the battery. Any ...

234.    dell laptop battery not charging
Q: I got a dell 600m from my Son and he said I would only need a new battery. I have been operating on ...
A: it could be the charging circuit on the motherboard is bad, or it could be the battery you received. ...

235.    sound problems 
Q: i started up my laptop and then i realised there was no sound coming out of my internal speakers? ...
A: please look in the control panel under sounds and audio device (or similar, this is what it's called ...

236.    dell inspiron wont power up 
Q: my dell inspiron 1100 with ac adaper and no battery will not stay powered up. I hit the on power ...
A: it's not likely to be overheating in that length of time, however it does seem that there may be a ...

237.    HUAWEI PCMCI UMTS G3 
Q: I have a laptop which is latitude D820.I want to connect with G3 Huawei UMTS E-612 but Ican´t.When I ...
A: I don't know of a specific patch or fix for this, but there are some standard things you can try. ...

238.    IBM Laptop Startup Problems - Virus 
Q: My IBM laptop T42 is affected by virus, I strongly think. It showed that there was a virus in the ...
A: Avast doesn't have a DOS bootable disk, but there are ways to run it without being in Windows. You ...

239.    AMD Turion64 processor 
Q: I have a Fujitsu S Series Lifebook with an AMD Turion 64 processor. My problem is that this ...
A: the Turion processors are high powered, so they're going to produce some heat, but it would be ...

240.    Laptop Will Not Power Up 
Q: So wonderful for you to volunteer your expertise and time! My sister has a Toshiba laptop that was ...
A: without my crystal ball you mentioned, it is impossible for me to tell exactly what happened, or ...

241.    "system restore" 
Q: I have Dell Latitude c610 and recently the "system restore" feature stopped working. When I put the ...
A: yes, I have several ideas. Have you tried running the restore in safe mode? There are many programs ...

242.    laptop problem 
Q: i have a problem with my laptop. firstly it overheats much to quickly and the fan (s) seems to be ...
A: it sounds to me like the laptop is overheating and shutting off to protect itself. We need to solve ...

243.    Display Problems 
Q: I have a Dell Onsporon 1200 and the display is hardly visible. The unit was in a car during an ...
A: yes, this sounds like a back lighting problem, so it could be an inverter. It also could be the ...

244.    laptop 
Q: my computer keeps telling me to change to outlet power but i dont know how to do that
A: all it's really asking you to do is plug in the AC adapter from the wall to the back of the computer ...

245.    need help changing HD 
Q: I have a satellite p15-s409 notebook that needs a hard drive change. I have the new hard drive. I ...
A: I don't have a manual for your model, but I did some digging and found that the hard drive is ...

246.    screen shows many colors 
Q: I bought a laptop off of a friend because he dropped it. the screen is when i power it on the screen ...
A: if it works fine connected to a monitor, the motherboard and video card are probably fine - for now. ...

247.    gateway laptop windos xp home editon 
Q: my laptop is showing low battery even when plugged in on the outlet and when I giggle The plug on ...
A: sometimes the connector on the back gets broken loose from the motherboard. A good repair shop can ...

248.    laptop shut down 
Q: While inserting a DVD in my optical drive, my compaq presario M2000 laptop switched off ...
A: It sounds like either the optical drive itself is bad, or that when you close the door it is hitting ...

249.    Laptop screen repeatedly goes dark when power adapter plugged in 
Q: My Dell Latitude D800 laptop screen goes dark unexpectedly when I use my power adapter. I'll be ...
A: I'm not sure why this is happening yet, but I'm fairly sure what is happening. Your back lighting is ...

250.    sound 
Q: I just bought a Hp Pavilion dv9000 model. Everything works to spec, but when I play music, it is ...
A: have you tried disabling your antivirus temporarily to see if that's the trouble? If that's not it, ...

1 comment:

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.