Laptop computer has some problem and solution Part 1

1.       Laptop Startup
Q: I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 and it comes up with a message after the boot screen asking for an ...
A: hmm lets see... you switch the machine on, says DELL, does a memory count and before going anywhere ...

 

2.       Toshiba Equium Screen
Q: I have a toshiba equium laptop and recently vertical lines have been appearing on the screen. They ...
A: since these are coming up first thing, before the boot screen and before Windows, we can rule out ...

 

3.       Error Messages
Q: I have a dell - inspiron 2200, at start up it gives the following error message, its causing ...
A: i dont know what other software you have installed on it, but that is a pretty standard

 

4.       Windows ...battery indicator always on; shows orange light even after shutdown & plug removed
Q: When I have the IBM Thinkpad R51 laptop on (i.e. running on windows), the sys icon tray shows the 6% ...
A: to be honest the surest way to know if the battery is faulty is to run a multimeter across the ...

5.       Aspire 9410 
Q: I was trying to retore windows onto my laptop but it doesnt seem to get any further then the image ...
A: if you have the original memory, try putting that back in and see if it will load. If it still won't ...

 

6.       Getting internet on IBM Thinkpad
Q: I do not know if you can help or not. I found your site while browsing. I bought my daughter a ...
A: It could be a few things. One of the most common would be that the machine needs to have its ...

7.       battery indicator always on; shows orange light even after shutdown & plug removed
Q: When I have the IBM Thinkpad R51 laptop on (i.e. running on windows), the sys icon tray shows the 6% ...
A: Used to get this occasionally at IBM at was always one of 2 things. The IBM Management software was ...

8.       graphics/display problem
Q: I was playing a PC game and I walked away from it. When I came back it timed out with and error ...
A: I have a couple of thoughts. First, if there is software installed for this game, I would uninstall ...

 

9.       screen problems
Q: Have a brand new HP laptop for about a year now. One day I tried to turn on the computer, and it did ...
A: The problem is that either the Screen or the Backlight for the screen has died. On newer machines ...

10.    blank screen
Q: my screen goes blank when i attach a projector to the laptop, i.e after pressing Fn +F8
A: in display settings, which is in control panel, you can turn on the option to mirror your existing ...

11.    Laptop will not boot
Q: I have a Toshiba Satellite M35X-S310 that will not boot. I see the Toshiba startup screen, then a ...
A: it sounds like Windows is missing some file, got corrupted files, or has installed a program/virus ...

12.    Installation of OS 
Q: I have a laptop precisely HP Compaq nc6400, with Windows XP installed. But I need to format the hard ...
A: your laptop has a SATA hard drive. In order for Windows setup to recognize it you will need to ...

13.    Slow Laptop
Q: my laptop has recently become very slow, it takes ages to lad up simple programs and if i try to ...
A: it might still be worth while to run a virus scan an malware checker just to be sure, but other than ...

14.    laptop won't turn on
Q: my laptop won't turn on, the led light flashes three times radiply and it stays shut off. i have a ...
A: Normally that means that there is no power to the machine at all. well there is a minor amount ...

15.    Toshiba Laptop A-105
Q: I tried to turn my laptop on this morning and the screen came up telling the there was a problem and ...
A: Unmountable boot drive means it cannot find your windows installation and partition. seems the boot ...

16.    laptop Screen is not bright 
Q: The computer starts fine when booted, but the screen is dark. I can see the login box come up but ...
A: plug in an external monitor. if the screen is dark on the external monitor you have a problem with ...

17.    Dell d600 network connector bad
Q: Is it possible to replace the network connector on a dell d600 laptop? When I plug a network cable ...
A: I don't see it listed as a replacement part, so it may be built in to the motherboard. You may want ...

18.    presario v2000
Q: my screen fades to white and locks up after I log on. Sometimes it does it right away and other ...
A: quick way to check if its hardware or software is if you have one, plug in an external monitor. If ...

19.    HELP! PC IS DARK!
Q: I have an HP PC notebook. It was working fine until this morning. I turned it on and i could barely ...
A: this is a typical symptom of the backlighting not working on your laptop. There are a few ...

20.    Computer Speed and Backup
Q: I work for a computer company that uses slow computers in their offices in order to save power. ...
A: yes, what you described and what I was referring to are the same. Once you have a good backup of all ...

21.    Internal mouse on my laptop
Q: I have a Compaq Armada laptop, which I bought preowned and refurbished. It has Millenium op sys. ...
A: I download the latest mouse drivers from HP's website and install them. If that doesn't fix it, then ...

22.    Laptop Hard Drive Upgrade 
Q: I just upgraded to a new 160G hard drive in my Dell B130 Inspiron Notebook. This is a lower end ...
A: bigger hard drives tend to consume more power unfortunatley and since your laptop HDD has more than ...

23.    laptop
Q: i just received your information regarding batteries, I just have one more question if i use me ...
A: best procedure would be to cycle the battery, by running it down and then recharging. That can be a ...

24.    questn
Q: i just received your information regarding batteries, I just have one more question if i use me ...
A: if your going to be running your laptop for serious periods of time in an ...

25.    drivers 
Q: I have upgraded to Vista and it was working great. But then with no warning my dvd/cd drive stopped ...
A: well i have looked everywhere and anywhere. I can find places to buy replacements and i can find ...

26.    Laptop DC to DC power converter 
Q: I have a Sony Vaio PCG-9RFL. I use it at remote sites and power it with the AC to DC adapter, ...
A: I'm afraid I can't give you a straight answer on this one because it depends on the tolerances Sony ...

27.    Audio Not Working (speakers & Earphones) 
Q: I need your help. My laptop's speakers and my earphones, do not work. I have tried everything ...
A: That would all seem to be in order, so how do we prove it's failed hardware? You said you replaced ...

28.    Audio Not Working (speakers & Earphones)
Q: I need your help. My laptop's speakers and my earphones, do not work. I have tried everything ...
A: yes there is a little program that makes the volume appear on the screen when you adjust it. This ...

29.    Laptop wont boot up
Q: My laptop will turn on and go to the first dell screen, and it looks like its loading but it never ...
A: I can certainly try Brett, but we'll need to do some more digging. Will the computer boot into safe ...

30.    drivers 
Q: I have upgraded to Vista and it was working great. But then with no warning my dvd/cd drive stopped ...
A: Would love to help but sony changed the model of drive several times on that model range so it could ...

31.    notebok
Q: would constanlty keepeing it on charge say for 12 housr affect it Thanks
A: Like most batteries they are consumable and any warranty on them generally lasts only 6months. It ...

32.    nc 4000 broken nic
Q: I have a hp nc4000 notebook. The Plastic housing which holds the network cable in place has snapped. ...
A: since this is an integrated NIC, I don't know of a way to replace it. But if this is a common ...

33.    laptop will not always startup-- no power 
Q: I have a Dell 600m laptop. The laptop will not always startup. I will hold down the power button ...
A: If you have another HDD Drive avaliable to you it might be worth a shot switching them over. i have ...

34.    Hp laptop 
Q: I have an Hp laptop thats about five years old. It gets pretty vigorous use an done day it had ...
A: Your laptop is still using a screen back light instead of more modern technology. Your backlight ...

35.    My external toshiba hard drive has died - important data! 
Q: Not so long ago i bought an external Toshiba MK4032GAX (40GB 2.5") drive, and stored all of my 15gb ...
A: Definitley sounds like you have an issue with the drive its self but most likely the circuit board ...

36.    Dvd and Audio 
Q: I've been having various problems with my laptop and I'm not sure if they are connected or not so ...
A: its great to know you managed to remove one virus however unfortunatley they rarely come alone and ...

37.    Problem with Dell INSPIRON 630m 
Q: I'm currently using a Dell INSPIRON 630m laptop. I switched on the laptop the other time, and I find ...
A: i will be honest, sounds like you have a nasty virus on your machine and the real answer to any ...

38.    Laptop keeps shutting off 
Q: My laptop keeps shutting off every few minutes. I tried to run a Virus scan but while it is running ...
A: It actually requires disassembly of the laptop case and a visual inspection. Every one comes apart ...

39.    Toshiba A 85 keys stuck? 
Q: I have a toshiba satellite A85 laptop. My question is my arrow keys(down,right) appears to be stuck ...
A: there is a thin rubber membrane under the keys that makes connections for the key to work, and ...

 

40.    keyboard repeating characters 
Q: Brand new Dell Inspiron 1520 (2 days). Charactterrs are repeating despite adjusting repeat rate to ...
A: well if it is repeating almost out of control then i would have said the keyboard is at fault but if ...

41.    speakers for laptop
Q: I have a dell inspirion 6400 laptop with a regular built in soundcard for laptops with only outputs ...
A: You will get a better quality of sound out of speakers when they are plugged into your laptop. your ...

42.    Laptop keeps shutting off
Q: My laptop keeps shutting off every few minutes. I tried to run a Virus scan but while it is running ...
A: first, is the laptop hot? If it is, I would leave it off until you can check out all the fans and ...

43.    laptop will not always startup-- no power 
Q: I have a Dell 600m laptop. The laptop will not always startup. I will hold down the power button ...
A: very odd, the technician should have left till it booted correctly on repeated occasions. When you ...

44.    Laptop dark screen
Q: I have a Dell Latitude D800 and before Christmas it was runing ok but just two days ago, I tried to ...
A: if the screen is just really dark, but there is a faint image there, then it's probably a ...

45.    Dell Inspiron 9300 Laptop Broken.
Q: As mentioned in the subject I have a year old Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop which up until 2 weeks ago ...
A: do you get any error messages or beeps, or just it just do nothing? If it just does nothing, I ...

46.    How to access the hidden partition on my harddrive?
Q: I have a sony vaio laptop. Vgn a130b. It has a 40 GB harddisk. I have lost its Drivers CD ...
A: that partition is normally accessable only by the boot cdrom that would have come with your laptop. ...

47.    ze2000 
Q: i have a error message file missing or corrupt \window\system32\config\system have tried loading a ...
A: well i take it your trying to recover/restore an operating system instead of just installing a new ...

48.    dell inspiron 1501 
Q: after 15 mins my laptop screen just goes blank. I have pressed all the buttons to get the screen to ...
A: If you have access to an external monitor i would suggest plugging it in to see if your machine is ...

49.    Wi-Fi Laptop problems 
Q: I have a one year old HP special edition laptop.Last week I found that I could not enable my ...
A: If the card does not show up in the device list, Windows does not know it's there, which probably ...

50.    laptop will not always startup-- no power 
Q: I have a Dell 600m laptop. The laptop will not always startup. I will hold down the power button ...
A: well you have an interesting issue indeed and its good to see dell coming out to look at it. I ...

2 comments:

Linda said...

That is really good and useful post, we all are using these gadgets and having these problems. Thank you for sharing such useful post with us.

Video Teraveloka said...

Pembahasan kali ini teruntuk kamu yang sedang kesulitan login akun sbobet karena muncul keterangan "Sbobet Password Policy". Jangan panik karena kamu hanya diperintahkan untuk Ganti Password Sbobet Online milik (Baca Selengkapnya Disini...)